Saturday 22 June 2013

Greenery beanery and chilli news !

I know these titles are so witty !

I have just looked back on my posts to suss out the names of my chillies as I only know them by numbers from 5olly's chilli trial. It is amazing how much has grown and changed since the first post.

We have had heat and rain this week so all the veg is going mad - the cabbages and caulis are spectacular - doubled in size this week .


 
 
I will take some thinnings and use them as spring greens yummy.
 
The spuds onions garlic and beans are galloping away as well - some spuds are already flowering. Here  is a strange person pointing at the chard, which has bolted, but look at the garlic and early potatoes.
 
 
 

Here are the beans going up the poles already.
 
 
The sweet corn is doing well too and we have some strawberries already ripening - but something has eaten two already - from under the net so probably a mouse .
 
 
 
The first courgette of the year is here - we may have quite a few more soon - no doubt.
 
 
And look at the peas !!!!
 

 
Here are some of the aubergines - they are flowering so I will pinch out the growing tip tomorrow to limit number of fruit and get good size fruit. We have started feeding them and the tomatoes chillies and courgettes with comfrey feed. Smells foul but does the trick for free!



 
Right - update on the chillies. They are all in the ground in the greenhouse now with the tomatoes so it's a bit hard to get a decent picture. There are 3 number 3s - Hungarian yellow wax I believe - they are flowering and the biggest plants about 18 inches high in old money. I also have 2 number 4s and 2 number 5s I think . Here they are - the 4s and 5s are in front of the tomatoes.
 
 

The number 4s have variegated leaves and are bushing out nicely - the number 5s were very slow but are catching up now. Here are some close ups.
 
 
number 4 above number 3 below-can you see the flowers and small fruit?
 
 
 
Here are the number 5s - or number 2s???They are about 10 inches high.
 
 
Anyway cheers 5olly it has been good fun so far - glad I have taken part and I know it is NOT A COMPETITION.
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment